LCM Calculator Online to calculate the LCM of two or more numbers
LCM Calculator Online
The below lcm calculator can be used to find the lcm of two or more
(Enter two or more numbers…)
| Answer :
LCM ( Least Common Multiple)
Full form of LCM is "Lowest Common Multiple " or sometime referred to as "Least Common Multiple". The LCM of two or more numbers is the smallest number that is divisible by all numbers in the set.
For example LCM of 2 and 5 is 10. 10 is the lowest positive number which is divisible by both 5 and 2. So LCM of 2 and 5 is 10.
Methods to Find LCM
There are various methods to find the LCM of two or numbers. These are-
- Listing Multiples
- Prime Factorization
- Cake/Ladder Method
- Division Method
- Using the Greatest Common Factor GCF
- Venn Diagram
Properties of LCM
- The LCM is associative:
LCM(p,q ) = LCM(q, p)
- The LCM is commutative:
LCM(p, q, r) = LCM(LCM(p, q), r) = LCM(p, LCM(q, r))
- The LCM is distributive:
LCM(da, db, dc) = d *LCM(a, b, c)
- The LCM is related to the greatest common factor (GCF) :
LCM(a,b) = (a × b) / GCF(a,b)
GCF(a,b) = (a × b) / LCM(a,b)
How to use LCM Calculator ?
The use of the LCM Calculator is very easy. Note the following points while using the above calculator:
- Enter the digits in the "Find the LCM" box.
- To enter multiple digits , type in the values in the box with 'single' space between them.
- This calculator is designed to find lcm of positive numbers(not in point form). So do not enter the value with decimal or points or fractions.
- Provide only one space between the adjacent numbers , also don't provide a space after the last digit.
- Soon this calculator will be updated to calculate lcm of all type of decimal numbers.
- After putting the values in the "Find the LCM" , Click on "Calculate" Button.
- Result will be displayed in the Answer Section.
Q. What is LCM ?
Ans. LCM is the least Common Multiple for the given set of numbers.